Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment 2021/2022 Application
Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment 2021/2022 Application on www.customs.gov.ng – Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment has been anticipating in the country till date, I have received numerous requests by aspirants on various platforms yearning for legit information about the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment form. Most of the popular questions they ask usually goes like this;
This page will enlightened on all you need to know about Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) 2021 Recruitment. Stay focus and read through.
The Nigeria Customs Service formed in 1891, was saddled with the responsibilities of revenue collection, accounting for same and anti-smuggling activities. NCS has the mission to provide services in ways that maximize efficiency and promote trade competitiveness wherein declarations are promptly processed.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for full-time appointments to the following positions in the Nigeria Customs Service.
Important! The minimum qualifications for interested applicants are SSCE/NECO/GCE/NCE/ND /HND/BSC/ Applicants applying as man (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) and women (SUPERINTENDENT CADRE) must be between 18 and 35 years of age.
SSCE/NECO/GCE/ND/HND/BSC. or any relevant certificates from reputable and approved government institutions/organisations.
N/B: Male applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres tall while female applicants must not be less than 1.65 metres tall.
APPLICATION STARTING DATE: Online Registration for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2017 will start soon.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: All applications for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2017 closing date is not yet announced.
Functions of Nigeria Custom Service.
The functions of the Nigeria Customs Service include, but not limited to the following:
- Anti-Smuggling activities;
- Generating statistics for planning and Budgetary purposes;
- Monitoring Foreign Exchange utilisation etc;
- Engaging in Research, Planning, and Enforcement of Fiscal Policies of Government;
- Security functions;
- Collection of Revenue (Import /Excise Duties & other Taxes /Levies) and accounting for same;
- Manifest processing;
- Registration and designation of collecting banks;
- Working in collaboration with other government agencies in all approved ports and border station
- Licensing and registration of Customs Agents
How to Apply for the Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2021/2022.
Interested candidates are to always visit here or the Nigeria custom service recruitment website at: www.customs.gov.ng to know when the form comes out eventually.
Applicants are to complete application form free of charge and print out the following documents;
- Local government attestation form.
- Parent/ guardian consent form.
- Acknowledgment form.
The Nigeria Customs Service statutory functions can be broadly classified into two main categories namely, core and other functions:
(i) Collection of Revenue i.e. Import and Excise Duties and Accounting for same.
(ii) Prevention and suppression of smuggling.
Today trade facilitation has become a fundamental role, progressively seen by the government as an important element of economic policy, with Customs having a unique position within the hub of the international supply chain of goods and services.
Nigerian Custom Service Recruitment Positions.
1.) SUPERINTENDENT CADRE: Nigeria Customs Service
Post: Assistant Superintendent of Customs Grade II – Consol 08
Candidates must possess a Bachelors Degree with at least Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University.
2.) INSPECTOR CADRE
Post: Inspector of Customs – Consol 07
Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic.
(ii) Assistant Inspector of Customs – Consol 06
National Diploma (ND) with at least lower credit from a recognized Polytechnic
National Certificate of Education (NCE),
3.) ASSISTANT CADRE Post:
(i) Customs Assistant II – Consol 04
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASC/NECO) with Credits in not less than five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credit in five subjects including English Language and Mathematics obtained at a maximum of two sittings,
(ii) Customs Assistant III – Consol 03
(1) Suitably qualified candidates must SSCE/NECO certificates with credits in not less than four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(2) Applicants must also have General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level and Credit in four (4) subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
(3) Applicants must be physically and mentally fit. And must not have a criminal record.
(4) Applicants with any form disabilities should not apply