Masters (M.Sc) Scholarship at Participating Universities in China, 2021
Masters (M.Sc) Scholarship at Participating Universities in China, 2021 – Applications are open for APFNet Scholarship Program (ASP) for 2021. The scholarship program supports qualified students in completing a Master’s degree program related to Sustainable Forest Management and rehabilitation.
Masters (M.Sc) Scholarship at Participating Universities in China, 2021 – The purpose of APFNet is expanding forest cover and improving forest ecosystem quality in Asia and the Pacific to promote the multiple functions of forests, help mitigate and adapt to climate change and meet the changing socio-economic and environmental needs of the region.
Masters (M.Sc) Scholarship at Participating Universities in China, 2021 – The Asia-Pacific Network for Sustainable Forest Management and Rehabilitation (APFNet) is a non-profit international organization dedicated to advancing sustainable forest management and rehabilitation in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programme at Beijing Forestry University (BJFU), Nanjing Forestry University (NJFU) Inner Mongolia Agriculture University (IMAU) and Northwest A&F University (NWAFU).
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Forest Economics and Management (BJFU), Forestry (NJFU), Forestry Engineering (NJFU), Environmental Engineering (NJFU), Soil and Water Conservation and Desertification Control (IMAU), Forest Protection(NWAFU) and Soil and Water Conservation and Desertification Control(NWAFU)
- Scholarship Award:
Accommodation on campus. When on-campus accommodation is not available, awarded students will receive accommodation allowance of CNY 1,500 per month for alternative lodging
Comprehensive medical insurance
Lump-sum payment for outpatient medical services, regardless of actual costs
One round-trip international tickets between students’ home economy and China
- Number of Scholarships: In 2021, APFNet plans to select and support about 30 qualified students.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligible Candidates for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese citizens are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
For BJFU and NJFU, applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from APFNet member economies including Australia, Hong Kong China, Bangladesh, India, Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Canada, Malaysia, P.R. China, Mexico, Fiji Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Singapore, Nepal, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Chinese Taipei, Papua New Guinea, Thailand, Peru, United States, the Philippines and Viet Nam
Applicants from developing economies prioritized
For IMAU and NWAFU, as they specialize in arid and semi-arid forest management, applicants must be non-Chinese residents from Greater Central Asia, specifically Mongolia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan
Age:18 – 40, and in good health condition
Have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree from an accredited higher education institute in forestry or related field
At least 2 years of work experience are prioritized
Proficiency in English (all the courses of this program will be taught in English)
Female applicants encouraged
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply from the host universities directly. As application procedures and materials may vary, applicants should visit the specific host university websites and submit materials accordingly.